Walking In The Light

Affordable Christian Website Design: www.webdesign4him.com

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Search for your favorite blog or add yours to the directory by clicking on My Blog Directory below.

My Blog Directory

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

What translation of the Bible do you read?

There are many different translations of the Bible. I like the New International Version because it is easier for me to understand than the King James Version.

Please leave a comment and tell me which translation you prefer and why.

If you don't read the Bible please tell me why not.


If you need to purchase a new Bible check out this link:


2 Comments:

At 12:51 AM, June 01, 2006, Blogger Susan L. Prince said...

I like the NIV as well. It is easier for me to understand, however, I also use many different translations when studying.

My church leaders seem to favor the Holman Christian Standard Bible these days, and that is fairly easy to understand too. One of my pastors really favors the New Living Translation.

King James is difficult for me to read, but because it can be so poetic I think that is why it is so easy to quote.

At times, I even think The Message can bring certain things into new light for me, but I don't think The Message is a translation that can be isolated from the others to stand on its own.

There is always so much debate (and I feel needlessly) on which translation to use, when, in fact, the important thing is that the bible is being READ!

 
At 2:15 PM, June 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also like the NIV for it's ease of reading and understanding but I still like KJV because I grew up on it.

Good luck on BOB challenge!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home