Walking In The Light

Affordable Christian Website Design: www.webdesign4him.com

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Search for your favorite blog or add yours to the directory by clicking on My Blog Directory below.

My Blog Directory

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Is it a sin to play the lottery?


Is it a sin to play the lottery? It's a form of gambling, so it must be a sin. I'm interested to see what everyone thinks about this. I live smack-dab in the middle of the Bible Belt here in North Carolina.

It's been a long time coming...North Carolina has been fighting the lottery ever since I can remember. Finally we have a state lottery now. During the first week of operation, NC sold over $24 million in lotterty scratch off tickets.

I usually don't have any extra money to spend on things such as lottery tickets, but I thought I would give it a try today and bought $5.00 worth of scratch off tickets. Two $2.00 tickets and one $1.00 ticket.


This must be my lucky day because two out of the three tickets turned out to be WINNERS! One ticket was worth $20.00 the other $7.00. Not quite enough to quit my job and retire on my winnings, but I'll take the $27.00! Thank you very much.
I play the lottery once in a while and usually spend $5.00 at a time.

I'm curious to know what everyone else thinks about the lottery and what you spend on lottery tickets.
Please answer the following question by leaving a comment: How much money do you spend on lottery tickets each week?
  • $1-$5
  • $6-$10
  • $11-$20
  • More than $20 per week
If you do not play the lottery because you think it is sinful then please show me the scripture that backs up your belief.

2 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, April 11, 2006, Blogger Marie said...

I think it's a sin for the state to run a lottery. Too many verses to cite; just a biblical general limit on the power of civil government. Civil government should not, in my opinion, be running lotteries. Or businesses. Or health care or charity. It should provide for the defense, administer justice, do treaties and administrative work, and maybe de facto coordinate big projects like roads and stuff to facilitate commerce.

 
At 10:03 AM, December 03, 2010, Anonymous Play Lottery Jackpots Online said...

It's always best to check for genuine site in playing online, beware of scammers using same plot with the online lottery

 

Post a Comment

<< Home