Walking In The Light

Affordable Christian Website Design: www.webdesign4him.com

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Search for your favorite blog or add yours to the directory by clicking on My Blog Directory below.

My Blog Directory

Friday, April 14, 2006

Why am I at work on Good Friday?

There is something wrong with this picture. This is Holy Week at our church. A very special time of the year -- today is Good Friday, the day that Christians celebrate the Crucifixion of Christ.

"Father forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." (Luke 22:34)

Why do we celebrate -- because Jesus died for our sins and then on Easter Sunday He arose from the dead and ascended into Heaven!

We used to get Good Friday and sometimes even Monday after Easter off from work...not anymore. Here I am at hard at work -- okay, maybe not so hard, since I am actually blogging instead of working! But the point is our important holidays have been shoved aside. It's not right.

Who gave anyone the power to change all the holidays around anyway? When I was a kid we celebrated Washington's birthday on Feb. 22nd, the day that he was born. Lincoln's birthday was Feb. 12th -- if you ask a child today when these president's were born, they probably couldn't answer. Now we have President's Day on the third Monday of February and combine the birthdays. You can't change somebody's birthday -- what's up with that?

WOW, I can't believe it; as I sit here at work typing this blog entry, my phone rings and it's my boss. (He happens to be on vacation in Florida.) Anyway he says to pass the word around that we can close up the office and everyone can go home at 3:00!

That's GREAT NEWS, but it doesn't change my mind about this blog entry. I would like to hear your comments about Good Friday and Easter, and working on holidays and people changing the birthdays of our forefathers, etc. etc.

HAPPY EASTER


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home