Walking In The Light

Affordable Christian Website Design: www.webdesign4him.com

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Search for your favorite blog or add yours to the directory by clicking on My Blog Directory below.

My Blog Directory

Monday, April 24, 2006

3 is the Charm

The title of this blog is 3 is the Charm. I've been asked to explain why I am proud of being on my third marriage. Well here it is.

First of all let me say that I am not proud that the first two did not work out. However, I am very proud that after all these years I have figured out why they did not last.

The point is that the first two times we did not invite Christ into our marriage. We tried to do it alone. Sure, we went to church occasionally but we were not very good Christians. This third time around, both my wife and I are active members of our church and we attend Bible studies
together. We have invited Christ into our lives and our marriage and now things have been much smoother with Jesus in our everyday life.

I was also asked to show how my being divorced twice was biblically correct. The answer to that is in Matthew 19:9. "And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery." In both of my previous marriages my wife committed adultury, which is a biblical reason for divorce.

As far as gays go, Leviticus 18:22 says, "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination." That is just one of the many places in the Bible that it says that gay marriage is not okay.

I hope this answers Philip Del Ricci's question.

Your comments are welcome.

1 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, April 26, 2006, Blogger Mike said...

I'm not married but I got a girlfriend... I totally hear you about inviting Christ into our lives... actually its not an invite, its a rulership and giving him permission to reign and rule over our relationship with the one we cherish. I waited 28 years for her and she waited 28 years for me, we both had surrendered our love lives to God long before we met and decided not to date but wait for each other. I love that so much. I love knowing she waited for me. It makes everything so much better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home