Walking In The Light

Affordable Christian Website Design: www.webdesign4him.com

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Search for your favorite blog or add yours to the directory by clicking on My Blog Directory below.

My Blog Directory

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Emmaus

My wife and I are so excited because our daughter is preparing to go on an Emmaus weekend. Let me explain what this is all about.

The Walk to Emmaus experience begins with a 72-hour short course in Christianity, comprised of fifteen talks by lay and clergy on the themes of God's grace, disciplines of Christian discipleship, and what it means to be the church. The course is wrapped in prayer and meditation, special times of worship and daily celebration of Holy Communion. The "Emmaus community," made up of those who have attended an Emmaus weekend, support the 72-hour experience with a prayer vigil, by preparing and serving meals, and other acts of love and self-giving. The Emmaus Walk typically begins Thursday evening and concludes Sunday evening. Men and women attend separate weekends.

My wife and I went on our Emmaus Walk thirteen years ago right after we met. It is an experience we will never forget. Although connected through The Upper Room to The United Methodist Church, The Walk to Emmaus is ecumenical. If you really want to get closer to Christ ask in your church about The Walk to Emmaus, or visit this website: Walk to Emmaus.

I would love to hear comments from others who have attended an Emmaus weekend.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home