Walking In The Light

Affordable Christian Website Design: www.webdesign4him.com

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Search for your favorite blog or add yours to the directory by clicking on My Blog Directory below.

My Blog Directory

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Pickin' for The Lord

I have been playing the guitar since I was thirteen (that would be about forty-four years). However, I have not played it very often in the last five or ten years since I spend most of my time on the computer!

In an effort to pry me away from the computer my wife has been bugging me to join the praise band at church and start playing the guitar again. I kept ignoring her until a couple of weeks ago, when one Sunday in church two guys with guitars and a harmonica played some special music during service. It was wonderful and made me want to pick up my guitar again. Then after church I told one of the guys what a great job he did and how much I enjoyed the music. He replied, "your wife tells me that you play the guitar too, you ought to come join us." I made the excuse that I was way too busy and left it at that.

However, the following Wednesday night, I had the sudden urge to pick up my guitar and go up to the church and join them for practice. They were surprised to see me but welcomed me with open arms. Now the praise band had three guitars!

Needless to say, my fingers still worked just fine and I had a GREAT time playing the guitar again. The next day I went out and bought a brand new set of strings for my guitar and I was once again pickin' like an old pro!

I don't know if it was my wife's nagging, the special invitation from my fellow church member or a little nudge from God that brought me to the church with my guitar that night. But I'm glad that I joined the praise band, and today we made our debut at church as a trio and if I do say so myself, we sounded terrific!

2 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, September 28, 2006, Blogger Lana said...

Thank You for renting to me this week.

 
At 4:18 PM, October 05, 2006, Blogger theWatchList said...

And I get to follow the great BOZ. I hope I can live up to the bar she has set. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home