Walking In The Light

Affordable Christian Website Design: www.webdesign4him.com

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Search for your favorite blog or add yours to the directory by clicking on My Blog Directory below.

My Blog Directory

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Prayer Request

My wife's mom had a heart attack a week ago. She is still in the hospital and not doing very well. I am asking for your prayers for Alice. She is 81-years-old and may need to have open-heart surgery. However, she is talking about refusing the surgery because of her age and the fact that it could be fatal.

My wife Christine and her sister Helen, have gone down to Florida to be with their mom and dad. This is a difficult time for the family; no one can force Alice to have the surgery, it is really her decision. On the other hand nobody wants her to just give up and wait to die! Making it more complicated is the fact that she lives in Florida and the rest of the family is here in North Carolina.

About five-years ago I lost my mom to Cancer and still have not gotten over that. I still expect her to call me on the phone or pop in for a visit. The loss of any loved one is a hard thing to accept, but I think it is especially hard when it is your mother.

I know that death is really just a new beginning and should not be a sad thing, but it is hard to deal with. Please leave a comment or a prayer and I will pass them on to Alice.

2 Comments:

At 12:07 AM, February 06, 2006, Blogger the bloke said...

It's never easy to go through tough times. I pray that you and your family will find that God's grace is sufficient for you.

 
At 11:25 PM, February 08, 2006, Blogger Dave said...

I will definitely keep your mother-in-law in prayer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home