Walking In The Light

Affordable Christian Website Design: www.webdesign4him.com

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Search for your favorite blog or add yours to the directory by clicking on My Blog Directory below.

My Blog Directory

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Life is Short

Pictured here are my mom, Clarice Clark and my sister Joan Marinaro. Both of them passed away not too long ago. My mom lost a battle with cancer and my sister died suddenly due to heart problems at the young age of 50.

It is hard to lose a family member, and even though I know that they are in a much better place now, I get very sad every time I think about them. Life is short, we are only here on this earth for a little while.

I am writing this post as a reminder to everyone that no matter how busy we get in our day to day life, we need to take the time to keep in touch with family members. Years ago, when I was growing up, the family was close together and we could walk to grandma's house. Every weekend we would gather together and enjoy a good meal and play with all of our cousins. Now everyone is scattered all over the country and we seldom see each other anymore. I could not even tell you how many cousins or nieces and nephews I have anymore! It's a darn shame, but I'm sure it's that way with many of you also.

I had lost touch with my sister for several years and had no idea what she was up to, I spoke with her maybe once or twice a year on the phone but that was about it. Joan moved back to our home state of Connecticut a few years before she died, and I did get a chance to visit with her and get to know her again a little bit.

My point is this; I failed to keep in touch with her while she was away and I will never know what she was up to during that time. So please pick up the phone, write a letter or send an e-mail to your long lost family members. Life is very short...if you put off contacting your family, it may be too late! Don't let that happen to you.


2 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, February 15, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was very sad to find out that joan marinaro had passed away. she was my high school teacher, and actually was the only reason I stayed in school. she was a great person...so cheerful and knew how to get the kids motivated. she always showed how proud she was when we did well on tests and with other things in life. I remember when my cat had 3 kittens...I couldnt find homes for them ...so she took them and found places for them to live.
I wish all kids could have a teacher like her,and hope we all meet a person as wonderful and kind as she was. I think about her all the time,she is very much missed.

 
At 8:12 AM, February 16, 2009, Blogger cmmdtp said...

Jenna: Thanks for the kind words about my sister Joan. Email me at cmmdtp@gmail.com if you have any other memories of Joan Marinaro. I am working on writing a book about her and publishing her poetry. It would be nice to add some personal memories from students.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home