Walking In The Light

Affordable Christian Website Design: www.webdesign4him.com

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Search for your favorite blog or add yours to the directory by clicking on My Blog Directory below.

My Blog Directory

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Mary Had a Little Lamb

This was sent to me by a listener at the radio station that I work for. The Light 103.9 I do not know who the original author of this poem and sketch is or I would give proper credit. I think it is GREAT and should be passed on.

Mary Had a Little Lamb

Mary had a little Lamb,
His fleece was white as snow.
And everywhere that Mary went,
The Lamb was sure to go.

He followed her to school each day,
Twasn't even in the rule.
It made the children laugh and play,
To have a Lamb at school.

And then the rules all changed one day,
Illegal it became;
To bring the Lamb of God to school,
Or even speak his Name.

Everyday got worse and worse,
And days turned into years.
Instead of hearing children laugh,
We heard gun shots and tears.

What must we do to stop the crime,
That's in our schools today?
Let's let the Lamb come back to school,
And teach our kids to pray!

If you agree, please pass it on. I would love to see your feelings on this subject, please leave a comment.



3 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, January 11, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

sigh...

Putting aside the simple fact that there is no law against mentioning your god's name in schools, is your deity so timid as to be barred from anyplace by a law?

 
At 4:51 PM, January 11, 2006, Blogger utenzi said...

I'm sure the kids are praying every time they hear a gunshot, Mike

 
At 10:43 PM, January 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I like that. I am deff. posting that on my journal! :D Anyway, I saw your blog through blogexplosion. :D God Bless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home